Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow, Snow, Snow...

Oh, what a beautiful day it is here in Stillwater, Oklahoma...well, sort of.  It's been snowing for well over 12 hours now.  Usually snow is beautiful, but today, it isn't what I'd call an idealistic snowfall. 

Since school was cancelled today, some girls came over last night and we had quite the sleepover in our living room.  We ate too much, watched movies, and of course, carried on several conversations, some very girly, I'll admit it.  Recently, they decided to trek back across campus to their dorms. They soon figured out that that wasn't the smartest idea they've ever had. They videoed themselves walking back and there was a lot of screaming and crying involved. I felt really bad that they had to endure the harsh conditions, but they were determined to make it back!

I love snow days, but come, oh, two o'clock in the afternoon, being cooped up in a dorm room gets extremely boring.  Being the bright college students that me and my roomates are, we didn't prepare for the storm by buying board games, cards, or renting movies, but instead, we bought junk food.  I will say though that the main reason we didn't go buy things to entertain us was because for some odd reason, the entire country decided to freak out over snow and bought the stores out of everything.  A bit ridiculous don't you think people? Unfortunately, we are slowly realizing that the junk food was a BAD idea and that we should have been more creative in thinking of different things to do on a nasty, cold, snowy day.

Here are some pictures that I took out of my window this morning when I woke up.  We were all really surprised at how much snow actually had come over the course of the evening.  Usually those news men like to exagerate the truth a bit.  In all, we're now anxiously awaiting to see if the university will be closing campus again tomorrow... Until then, my computer shall be my saving grace.

It's a winter wonderland!!


No comments:

Post a Comment