Thursday, February 3, 2011

One of These Days..

Life is full of surprises. Some that are good and others you'd wish you could forget.  God has granted me a ton of blessings so far in this life. He's given me friends and family who love me, given me the privilege of going to college, and has placed a roof over my head so that I have a nice, warm place to live.  So why at times do I complain that I don't have everything I need? Isn't He enough?

A lot of times in life I find myself wanting more, whether it be more clothes, more money, more friends, or even on a more personal level, a man by my side.  Are those too much to ask for?  Well at times, I don't think they are, but in all actuality, they really don't matter at all. All we truly need in life is to accept Jesus as our Lord and make disciples.  We don't need all these material things such as clothes, money, or the nicest house or car. Those things aren't going to matter on the day we leave this earth and meet our Father in heaven.  All of those things will simply sit where we left them and rot away, get old, and become worthless.

I am definitely one of those people that like to have nice things and spend a lot of money on material things. But I also understand that in the long run, those things don't define who I am or what I'm going to do with my life. One thing I can't buy or control though, is the person that I fall in love with.  Now, I'm not one of those girls who thinks that having a man in my life will complete me, but I do get lonely at times. It's hard to understand that God has a plan for me and even though I have no clue who Mr. Right is for me, He does, and is going to make it happen.

Sometimes though, I'm worried that I am going to be alone for the rest of my life. I have seen and met so many beautiful women who are in their mid 20's and even late 30's who aren't in love and haven't been given the chance to start a family.  Even though they struggle with the fact that they have never been married or found a man to love them, they still have a positive outlook on their lives and know that God still has a plan for them, it's just taking their plan a little longer to get started.  After hearing their stories, I'm not so scared about someone never falling in love with me or never getting to start a family, it's God's plan, not mine.

One day though, I hope that God has a man planned out for me who will love me for me, who can be my best friend, and who will want to give me little children to call our own.  Being in college and seeing so many of my friends happy and many of them getting married, it's hard not to want the same thing.  I'm being a patient person and trying to follow my heart.  One day, I'll be blessed with a man that I can call my own and when that day comes, it won't be about me anymore, it'll be about us. Material things won't matter and owning the best of everything will be history.

I can't wait for the surprises that God has in my near future, but for now, He is enough for me. I'm trying to stay positive and live life to the fullest, because you never know what tomorrow will bring. Tell people you love them, give your family hugs, and say the things you need to say, because tomorrow might just be too late.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this was awesome!!!! And someday someone will be very lucky to have you too!!!

    ReplyDelete